Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Shining and Milk

The Shining
Picked by: Dave
Why Picked: I have never seen it and it is/was a so called must see classic
.










Brooke: Two thumbs up!
No one can deliver a line or give the camera a look quite like Jack Nicholson.

Chuck: Two thumbs up!
I really liked how it progressed through his own personal hell. The one thing I wish they would have explained was "the shine".

Steph: Two thumbs up!
Worth seeing, but pointless at the same time. Nicholson played his character phenomenally! I prefer movies that are a little more psychologically thrilling and this one was just kind of suspenseful.

Dave: Two thumbs up!
Not what I expected at all, but glad I have now seen it. REDRUM!

Stacy: Two thumbs up!
Good, strange, freaky. Very difficult to look at the wife.


Milk
Picked by: Steph
Why Picked: At the time I picked it, it seemed to be the leading candidate for the Oscars. Slumdog Millionaire quickly surpassed.











Brooke: Two thumbs up!
I had no idea about the movement in the 70's for gay rights. It's so relevant with Prop 8 in California. It's very sad when someone with so much potential dies too early.

Chuck: Two thumbs up!
I didn't know what to expect, but it was good. The way he used the city to get the movement started surprised me.

Steph: Two thumbs up!
I enjoyed the movie. As open-minded as I consider myself, I did find it somewhat strange to see two men making out (no, I have not seen Brokeback Mountain). I can't believe how far things have come since the late seventies.

Dave: Two thumbs up!
Strawberry milk is my favorite!

Stacy: Two thumbs up!
Great film - I wasn't sure about it at the beginning, but I was really interested in the story. Sean Penn was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment