Sunday, June 28, 2009

Better Late than Never

Okay, so I'm a little behind in posting the reviews from movie nights...I hardly even remember the details of this one! Chuck had originally picked The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, but the video from Family Video did not work. This happens to be turning into the routine for us; we just can't seem to get quality discs from Family Video! So now we come to movie night with backup choices. Tonight's pick for Chuck ended up being Creep Show based on a Stephen King book. And Brooke's pick was Big Fish. On to the reviews...

Creep Show
Picked by: Chuck
Why Picked: This movie scared me as a kid and I like comics.







Brooke: One thumb up, one thumb down
Why are people in scary movies so dumb? Just turn and run...you have time to get out of that hole...no don't go down there!

Chuck: Two thumbs up!
I love how big stars now started off in this movie. The effects made me laugh because in the day they were good.

Steph: Two thumbs up!
Surprisingly, I really enjoyed this movie. I knew nothing about it going into tonight, and so I was expecting to hate it (based on the title). Have I found a temporary cure for my ADD? 5 short movies in one - I almost made it through without getting fidgety!

Dave: Two thumbs up!
Very creative. Another movie I have never seen thanks to Chuck.

Stacy: Two thumbs up!
I enjoyed the comic book presentation. Creative stories! Good pick Chuck!


Big Fish
Picked by: Brooke
Why Picked: I love Tim Burton movies in general but this story and all of the colorful details make this one of my favorites.








Brooke: Two thumbs up!
Beautiful movie! Not one bad thing to say about this. How can you not love Ewan?

Chuck: Two thumbs up!
Great movie, but I had to watch movie 2 or 3 times to get everything. I really like how his dad's story is told and how the relationship grows.

Steph: Two thumbs up!
I really enjoyed this movie! I had seen it once before but I actually liked it better the second time around. I loved the way everything unfolded and how the son finally accepted his father in the end and supported his imagination for a peaceful death.

Dave: Two thumbs down
zzzzz....the big sleep! Sorry Brooke.

Stacy: Two thumbs up!
What a fantastic movie! Great stories and great acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment