Sunday, May 3, 2009

You Are Not Forgiven for Being a Jerk!

Being almost a month in the making, I think we were all ready for a great movie night. I got to see two movies I had not seen before - a Western and a Steve Martin comedy. Two movies that I never would have taken the time or had the desire to watch on my own. Although I was greatly looking forward to movie night, I admit I had set myself up for disappointment, assuming I was not going to care for either of the movies. Turns out, I was pleasantly surprised. And that is what this movie club is all about. Oh, and Brooke - thanks for the delicious jerk chicken, oh I mean Italian chicken! (-: On to the reviews...

Unforgiven
Picked by: Brooke
Why Picked: "I wanted to watch the movie Gene got his second Oscar for" (Gene Hackman is Brooke's great Uncle)


Brooke: Two thumbs up!
Gene Hackman rocks! I am not a big fan of Westerns, but this movie kept my attention. What ever you do, don't go cutting up any whores or Clint will kill you!

Chuck: Two thumbs up!
I like the way that he was trying to forget the past, but in the end you can't run from your past.

Steph: Two thumbs up!
I liked the movie alot - but I did not like the beatings. Clint Eastwood is a bad-ass!

Dave: One thumb up, one thumb down
I'm glad he got his revenge at the end, but sad that his friend had to die. That's all I got.

Stacy: One thumb up, one thumb down
Not a movie I would ever watch on my own, but I enjoyed it. Except for the jerk chicken getting to me!

A little slow at times, but overall I liked the characters and thought both Gene and Clint were great. It's kinda crazy that the really young kids were spontaneously left alone to fend for themselves, and all the pigs were getting sick. Wonder what they were gonna eat?

The Jerk
Picked by: Dave
Why Picked: "Just wanted to see a classic Steve Martin film"


Brooke: One thumb up, one thumb down
What was with the singing? Some funny parts but it is not what Chuck made it out to be.

Chuck: One thumb up, one thumb down
Some of the movie was funny, and some was dumb. But I would watch it again.

Steph: One thumb up, one thumb down
Funny - but also annoying at the same time. So glad Navin got to find his special purpose in life.

Dave: Two thumbs up!
If you have seen this movie, then "you're somebody now"

Stacy: Two thumbs up!
I actually really liked it! It was cracking me up! Lighthearted and so stupid really, but I was entertained. Glad I've seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment