Friday, April 10, 2009

A Barrel of Laughs and a Head Spinning Horror

Last week the movie club got together to watch Chuck's pick Dumb & Dumber and my pick The Exorcist. We cooked hot dogs and Chuck brought pizza. In the spirit of the road trip to Aspin, oops I mean Aspen, we sipped on Big Gulps from the gas station!

On to the reviews...

Dumb & Dumber
Picked by: Chuck
Why Picked: "I picked this movie because it always makes me smile!"




Brooke: Two thumbs up!
Great movie. Very funny. Even though I haven't seen the movie in at least five years, I can still remember all the lines and they are still funny.

Chuck: Two thumbs up!
This is an instant classic. I could watch this film over and over.

Steph: Two thumbs up!
Took me back to Old Navy days. We had like 3 movies in the break room to watch during our 1 hour lunch breaks. I've never seen the whole movie from start to finish, but have seen every part at some time. Loved it!

Dave: Two thumbs up!
I have seen this movie 50+ times and it still makes me laugh out loud. One of my favorite movie lines ever - "Big Gulps eh...well see you later"

Stacy: Two thumbs up!
This movie cracks me up! Great soundtrack too!

The Exorcist
Picked by: Stacy
Why Picked: I enjoy a good horror flick. Problem is, there aren't that many good horror flicks. This one is supposedly pretty good.




Brooke: One thumb up, one thumb down
I respect the classic movie that it is, but I remember this movie being a lot better.

Chuck: One thumb up, one thumb down
I am stunned by the slow progression of the movie. But as an old movie it was on the cutting edge for its time.

Steph: Two thumbs up!
Beginning was definitly slow moving and I was getting pissed that the DVD froze up. Being that this was made in 1973, it definitly deserves two thumbs up. Although it was vulgar, it was definitly ahead of its time.

Dave: One thumb up, one thumb down
I need the voice to make anything I have to say meaningful, so "Lick me"

Stacy: One thumb up, one thumb down
This was quite vulgar! Lick me, lick me...slow moving in some parts (and sometimes because the DVD kept freezing) but overall pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment